Let’s say you have an idea for a book. You have something you want to say to people, to either entertain them or inform them.
Your idea could take the form of a business book, a self-help book, or even a novel.
You’re not alone! Every year, I serve dozens of wonderful people just like you who have a book inside them, waiting to come out.
If you have an idea for a book and you want to make it a reality, you have two choices:
- You can write it yourself. This may take a while, because you’re a busy person. It may also take a long time because writing isn’t your number one skill. You’re better at other things.
- You can hire a ghostwriter to write it for you.
My valued ghostwriting clients are the people who choose #2. They do this for a variety of reasons. Here are a few reasons why you, too, may choose to hire a ghostwriter.
Why You’d Want to Hire a Ghostwriter
- You don’t have the time to write a book. You’re an active professional and you want to publish your book in a few months, not ten years from now! The idea of scratching out a few pages at night or on weekends is not appealing. You want to get your book project completed and the book in the hands of your audience.
- You’re not a professional writer. Think about it: When your car needs servicing, you take it to a professional mechanic. When you need your teeth cleaned, you go to a dentist. When you need legal advice, you hire a lawyer. That’s because these people are experts in their fields. So when you need a book written, you hire a professional ghostwriter. It only makes sense!
- A professional ghostwriter will add value to your book and your ideas. A good ghostwriter will take your ideas and amplify them and add that “special sauce” that makes them zing. He or she will know how to structure your book for maximum impact, and make sure the text has just the right mix of information and entertainment. Even better, they’ll do this while retaining your individual “voice.” The book will sound like you wrote it.
- You’ll own your book! After the ghostwriter has done their job and you’ve paid them, they disappear. Poof! Like they were never there. You will own your copyright 100 percent. If you’ve paid a flat rate – which is how I always get paid – you need not put the ghostwriter’s name anywhere on the book. And all professional ghostwriters are happy to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) that give you added protection.
Hiring a ghostwriter can be a very wise decision and a good investment. For more guidance, I invite you to download my informative and easy-to-read book, “Hire a Ghostwriter: The Complete Guide to Outsourcing Your Book.” You’re also invited to contact me for your free consultation! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the link on this website.
Thomas Hauck is a leading professional ghostwriter and book editor.